It's a little late. At night. Oh, AND I'm a little "late" making another addition to our blog. I know, I know, it has been MONTHS!
It took a lot of courage to face the blog tonight. So just be happy that I am returning. I do want to be a "good blogger". And if anyone is feeling generous and filled with the Christmas spirit of sharing, I would love to have a tutor to teach me how to create a beautiful and artistic blog. To be able to make it personal. I would like that very much.
There is so much to catch up on. Last time I posted, we were not even married! This weekend will be our 4-month anniversary. So yes, it did take me a long time to get back on here, but we sure have enjoyed ourselves and both finished our undergraduate degrees in the mean time! I will take some time to fill in the four month gap, but right now I will just stay in the present. I have a little story to tell.
Normally I wouldn't be blogging at 10pm (I know you are thinking that normally I do not blog at all). Normally, I would be cuddling with Garrett reading a book or sipping steamed milk, but tonight he is stranded in Wyoming after a series of unfortunate events. He was out working with his work truck in the prairies of that barren wasteland looking for dinosaurs and normal things like that. He drove over some ice and then drove some more. A light on his dash turned on so he made a mental note to take it in soon to check it out. And then... the engine seized. I bet that felt awful. His story is that the ice must have been really thick and punctured something under his truck. When he got out to look (after the truck was done for) he saw that all the oil had spilled out. It just makes me cringe to think about it.
It was cold and he saw some work trucks down the road. He started hiking. The snow storm was moving in. He reached the men and found out that a bus was picking them up shortly. It was the last one into Evanston, WY that evening. The bus came and took about an hour to arrive in Evanston. By then it was stormy and late and he decided get warm, get something to eat, and get a room. He'll have to call the rental company and his employers in the morning and figure out how they want to take care of the mess. Until then, I am without my sweet husband (he really is so sweet and thoughtful!!). And that is why I am blogging in the evening when I should be cuddled up comfy cozy with Garrett.
Just thought you might want to know. Normally he doesn't stay overnight so I really miss him when things like this happen.
With that, I should be off to bed. Good night and sweet dreams! May sugarplum fairies dance around in your head.
P.S. If you haven't yet, and want to catch up on viewing all our wedding photos, you can click HERE. Kristopher Orr did all the photography. I adore his work and am so grateful that he was able to shoot our wedding!
P.S.S. Kind of random, but do you ever feel like this when you are trying to tie up all the lose ends at the end of a semester? Handing in papers, finishing projects etc...
3 comments:
I'd almost given up on your blog karli. It's a christmas miracle.
Glad you are back at blogging Karli! I hope everything worked out for Garrett's little mishap and I look forward to hearing about more of your adventures together.
SO glad to see you are back to posting! You better keep it up so I don't have to wish bad things on Garrett for you to have time to post! ha ha congratulations on finishing school! If you ever feel like changing your scene, San Antonio is a great place to look for a nursing job! Happy New Years!
Post a Comment